Customer Care Assistant
Customer Care Assistant
General Job Description: The Customer Care Assistant will assist with overseeing the Information, Administrative and Wellness Center Desks of the Student Center throughout the day and act on behalf of the Student Center professional staff during evening and weekend hours. The Customer Care Assistant will assist with the managing of the information desk, monitoring the Student Lounge, and completing other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Check out game systems and gaming equipment to students and guests using the Student Lounge.
- Attend and support Student Center programs
- Assist with the daily operations of the information desk, wellness center, and administrative office front desk and have a good working knowledge of current and upcoming events within the Student Center
- Interact with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns and requests about products and services.
- Uphold strong customer service standards for dress, greetings, phone calls, and expedient customer response
- Give out campus directions, and welcome guests to the Student Center
- Relays all pertinent information/issues/needs/ideas to management staff members as appropriate
- Assist with administrative office work including mail distribution, file maintenance, and office tasks
- Check Student Center email and voicemail and forward to appropriate staff.
- Attend all required trainings, workshops, and student employment programs as outlined by Student Center Staff
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Successful candidates must be in good academic standing cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Must be currently enrolled at the University of the District of Columbia with a valid UDC email account
- Must be willing and able to occasionally lift items up to 50 lbs.
- Flexibility to work days, nights and weekends for 10-20 hours per week
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Collaborative nature when working with peers, supervisors, clients, and guests
- Desire to learn and know more about the Student Center and its daily operations in order to educate and share information with guests and the university community
Skill Development Areas:
- Facilities Management
- Intercultural Proficiency
- Customer Service
- Social Responsibility
- Problem Analysis and Problem Solving