Wellness Center Assistant
Wellness Center Assistant
Works under the supervision of the Wellness Center Manager and appointed shift lead. The Front Desk Attendant performs a variety of tasks in the operation and maintenance of the Wellness Center. Support overall University Wellness Center mission, vision, standard operating policy and procedures, and advocate positive health and wellness actions as a University Student and employee.
Hours of Operations: Monday-Thursday (7:45am- 10:00pm) Friday: (7:45am- 8pm)
Durations of commitment: Semester basis pending work performance and semester evaluations.
- Conduct Wellness Center tours, orientations, and membership sign-up
- Check Wellness member/s Health Wellness Status: BMI, bodyweight, basic introductory assessment explanation
- Provide assistance to participants in the weight, cardio rooms and other associated spaces
- Promote the University Wellness health, wellness, fitness programs to patrons
- Clean equipment and conduct preventative maintenance
- Conduct opening and closing procedures appropriately
- Provide proper spotting technique for weight room participants
- Work with others to execute risk reduction measures and provide care in emergency situations
- Clearly articulate, enforce and educate patrons on all rules, policies and procedures
- Provide customer service and respectfully manage disagreements
- Actively participate in collaborative work and development
- Must be able to lift 45 lbs with reasonable accommodations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Consistently model positive and professional behavior, including on-line communications
- Attend all staff meetings and educational trainings
- Maintain regular and frequent communication with Wellness Center Management Staff
Personal/Paraprofessional Development & Departmental Responsibilities:
- Attend all meetings and trainings on time
- Balance time commitments.
- Recognize limitations and work to improve.
- Be receptive to paraprofessional and personal development.
- Challenge yourself to achieve higher levels of awareness of people’s perceptions, maintaining appropriate sensitivity and awareness of cultural norms, diversity, and diversity education.
- Must be currently enrolled at UDC with a minimum overall GPA of 2.0
- First Aid, Adult CPR and AED certifications obtained within 30 days of employment.
- UDC Wellness Center employee compliance trainings/any additional program area certification/training completed within expected time-frame.
- Maximum of 20 hours worked per week (average 10-15)
- Work will take place on the University campus locations and in the UDC Wellness Center
- Work shifts include morning, afternoon, evening and weekends
Skill Development Area:
- Facilities Management
- Intercultural Proficiency
- Event Planning
- Customer Service
- Social Responsibilities