Social Media Internship
Smile Train is changing the world one smile at a time. We’re always on the hunt for curious, passionate, and innovative thinkers to join our team, to help us do what we do better. If that’s you, please read on.
Smile Train is a global nonprofit headquartered in New York. Our vision is to transform the life of every person impacted by cleft lip and palate. We train and support local medical professionals to provide free life-changing cleft treatment to our beneficiaries. Our sustainable model has allowed us to reach 1.5 million children in 90+ countries to date and we’re just getting started. We are truly changing the world one smile at a time.
About Internships at Smile Train
Smile Train is committed to offering interns an opportunity to learn how an international nonprofit works in practice. All interns will attend regular information sessions, each led by a different member of our team. We're hoping this will provide them with a good overview of what we do, how we do it, and how all of the pieces fit together.
We are seeking a Social Media Intern for the Spring semester. This person will work with the Public Relations team to support Smile Train’s day-to-day social media efforts. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in PR and understand the nuanced landscape of social media at an international nonprofit organization. He/she will work closely with the PR team, aiding where needed across the department.
This internship is based at our headquarters in New York. The projected start date is March 2, 2020, running through June 26, 2020. This is a full-time paid internship.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with Smile Train’s day-to-day social media efforts by: (i) Planning and creating various content streams on our global social media pages (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn) to garner more likes, impressions, engagement, and donations; (ii) Monitoring and respond to social media messages and comments. Also, share/like any positive messages or comments; (iii) Creating, scheduling, and executing all social media posts for Smile Train MENA’s Instagram page, CCAC Facebook page, Smile Train Germany’s Facebook page; (iv) Working with the PR team to monitor other Smile Train country and community pages to make sure they are staying on brand.
- Conduct research to support PR and social media planning by monitoring and flagging competitor news/ trends to PR team.
- Participate in brainstorming and planning sessions; responsible for taking notes and sharing them after meetings.
- Collaborate with internal departments on other projects and assignments as needed.
Our ideal candidate is or has:
- Working towards a Bachelor’s or master’s degree in related field.
- A passion for utilizing social media to facilitate social change.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Adobe Design Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat) and social media management systems.
- Deep fluency with all social media platforms.
- An interest in bringing creative ideas to the table for social media.
- Strong attention to detail, ace communication skills (both verbal and written).
Smile Train is committed to diversity among its employees and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
To apply, please complete the application through the link below. Include your CV and a cover letter that describes why you believe you would be a good fit for Smile Train and this role.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, but we encourage interested applicants to apply as soon as possible.