- As a Purchasing Agent, you will be responsible for the following duties (If selected at the GS-06 level, duties will be performed in a developmental capacity):
- Perform simplified acquisitions, and issues delivery orders against existing requirements contracts and blanket purchase agreements (BPAs).
- Review delivery time, minimum requirements and proper item descriptions.
- Research contract clauses and provisions for purchases that involve special handling such as inspection, acceptance, packaging, shipping, etc., and determines the best method of transportation for articles ordered dependent on urgency of request.
- Interpret and apply current Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR) Supplement, Defense Logistics Acquisition Directive (DLAD) and local agency purchasing regulations, policies and procedures.
- Resolve discrepancies with vendors when problems arise using tact and diplomacy at all times when dealing with vendors/contractors.
- Skill and Knowledge of oral and written communication
- Performs Pre-Award and Post Award Acquisition functions on purchase/delivery orders. Evaluate offers comparative price analysis for reasonableness and recommend award to the Contracting Officer.
- Performs other duties as assigned