Digital Content Manager (virtual work location)
As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We depend on the many generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs. At the American Red Cross, you will enjoy a collaborative work culture committed to the diversity of our people, programs, and services. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity.
**Please note: This position's location is remote. - East Coast location/hours are preferred to meet business needs.
The Digital Content Manager creates, builds and optimizes content on redcross.org (RCO) with a goal of maximizing user engagement to meet the organization’s fundraising and mission delivery objectives. Experience as an Adobe AEM Author is required for this position. This position will be remote - East Coast location is preferred.
• Create and maintain national Fundraising and Humanitarian Services content on RCO by:
o Serving as a main point of contact and subject matter expert with stakeholders
o Gathering, organizing and copyediting stakeholder content
o Light copywriting
o Assigning authoring tasks to AEM resources including content contractor and outside agency; managing their output
o Taking on content authoring duties in AEM when appropriate
o Partnering with search optimization colleague to execute H2s and metadata
o Conducting front end QA for all major content launches, all work by outside agencies
• Serve as digital content lead during disaster events.
• Manage content projects being executed by internal resources and outside agencies.
• Supervise national content contractor.
• Track internal and external resource usage and recommend workload optimizations to ensure both efficient use of donor dollars and team satisfaction.
• Serve as Digital Fundraising Team lead for national content testing and partner closely with Adobe Target team to execute tests.
• Track content performance based on KPIs and proactively recommend optimization opportunities.
· 4-year college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Minimum 5+ years required content management / digital marketing experience.
· Knowledge of and experience with content management systems, taxonomies and authoring.
· Experience authoring in AEM (Adobe Experience Manager).
· Experience with Adobe Analytics.
· Demonstrated project management skills and experience with project management tools and techniques.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, including strong interpersonal, liaison, and negotiation skills.
· Demonstrated organizational and analytical skills, including astute attention to detail.
· Ability to work effectively and persuasively with stakeholders.
· Strong initiative and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on cross functional teams.
· Ability to work effectively in a remote work environment (self-starter, responsive, comfortable with remote meeting tools such as Teams and Zoom).
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of data and information for internal use.
· Experienced in dealing with ambiguity and delivering under deadlines.
· Operational flexibility to meet sudden and unpredictable business needs, and willingness to work outside standard established business hours.
· Experience with Photoshop or open source photo editing tools (such as Pixlr).
· Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office.
· Experience with JIRA, Confluence and Slack.
· Demonstrated experience leading teams.
· Knowledge of the principles and techniques of fundraising programs in a large organization.
· Experience with the Red Cross.
Work is performed indoors. May travel, post COVID 19, and participate in meetings and conferences throughout chapter jurisdiction, state and Red Cross system. Because the Red Cross is a disaster response organization, staff may be asked to be on 24-hour call during period of major disaster.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.