SEAF Market Research Intern Fall 2020
SEAF Market Research Intern
Small Enterprise Assistance Funds (“SEAF”) is an impact investing firm that provides growth capital and business assistance to SMEs in emerging and transitioning markets underserved by traditional sources of capital. Through its network of investment funds around the world, SEAF invests in high-growth entrepreneurs seeking to build scalable businesses, hoping to realize both returns for investors and strong development impact in the local communities. www.seaf.com
The SEAF Market Research Intern will assist the CEO and other Managing Directors in researching market demand for various potential investments, as well as for existing portfolio companies seeking to access additional markets. This is an unpaid internship.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Conduct in depth market research via data bases, internet, and interviews
· Research comparable companies in other markets to learn how they have or are responding to COVID and associated lockdowns
· Research macroeconomic trends affecting the sectors and individual companies in such sectors especially in emerging markets
· Participate in investment team discussions of challenges and opportunities
· Research potential impact metrics associated with sectors and investment candidates—liaising with SEAF’s on the ground investment teams
· Committed to SEAF’s mission of creating entrepreneurial ecosystems in emerging and frontier markets
· Entrepreneurial work style, ability to work independently, think creatively, and identify resources to get the job done
· Business and economics background encouraged
· Language skills helpful but not mandatory
Submit a one-page cover letter and resume, to SEAFinternships@seaf.com. Applications that do not include this will not be considered. Since an internship is meant to be a learning experience, cover letters should focus on how the internship will help you in your career development. Please include why you are interested in this specific internship, how this internship will contribute to your career goals, and how this internship will fill gaps in your training/experience/education in your cover letter. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until a candidate is selected. Please note “SEAF Market Research Intern” in the subject line of your email.