Wordpress Web Developer Intern at MENA Pacs
ABOUT MENA PACS:
Mena PACS is an international collaboration management company offering PMO and digital platform tools to global aid agencies throughout the Middle East and North African (MENA). In addition to technical tools, AMENA PACs offer studies and country analysis assessments & risk mitigation tools to for-profit and nonprofit organizations. MENA PACs work in conflict and high-risk zones at the community level and with national and regional governments, focusing on connecting top-down and bottom-up initiatives
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION:
If you like working in an environment that is determined by you and provides for self-organizing. Our daily stand ups with our agile Team is a moving exercise full of fun. We are looking for an intern who is familiar with WordPress best practices and can hand code WordPress plugins meeting our clients requirements. This internship position could lead to a permanent hire if the intern demonstrates discipline and respects deadlines. You must be able to learn new technologies out of what you know.
Candidates will learn and develop new specific skill(s), enhance their known skills and benefit from their personal educational learning experience by working alongside cross teams of experienced professionals. The candidate will be evaluated (for internal use) at the end of the internship. The candidate's evaluation will be submitted to the respective University if required and/or requested by the University. Candidate in the process of application will be required to email their internship letter from the University.
2-year experience and completed coursework with WordPress.
- Candidate is working toward degree in Computer Science.
- Graphic design, photo editing, and theme editing a must
Candidate must have basic skills of the following:
- API Server integration
- CSS preprocessors like Sass or LESS
- Graphic and Responsive Design Skills - Adobe Creative, Illustrator and InDesign
- MySQL database programming (the WordPress default database)
- A Git repository like GitHub or GitLab
- Libraries like jQuery for additional interactivity
- A WordPress framework like Genesis
- Experience with Plugins
- API integrations GitHub
Candidate can work with Word Press Development team environment on Front-end development and Back-end Development of a WordPress project.
· This is an unpaid internship.
· Externship, internship, and college credits & mentorships eligible
· Minimum commitment of three-months – up to one year
· French and Arabic languages are desired
· This is a remote/teleworking position (occasional travel might be required)
· A minimum of 25 hours - up to 40 hours/ week
· Multiple time zones working hours
· Starts immediately – acceptance on a rolling basis