Rehabilitation Counselor 43233
Assist persons with disabilities to significantly increase their vocational, personal, and financial independence with special attention to individuals with severe disabilities and significant vocational impediments within the service area. Travel is required.
1. Conduct an assessment of the participant’s disabilities in terms of their resulting vocational barriers in order to determine their eligibility for Vocational Rehabilitation Services and their Priority for Services category.
2. To conduct a comprehensive assessment of VR needs, provide guidance and counseling, and to develop an Employment Plan that is consistent with the person's assets and disability related barriers described in the Comprehensive Assessment. Work with the IPS team.
3. To coordinate vocational placement and follow up services so that the plan of services can result in the person with a disability in obtaining, maintaining, regaining, advancing or retaining employment.
4. To maintain professional growth and ethical counseling standards so as to keep abreast of current and new trends in the rehabilitation field and to provide the broadest range of services to persons that we serve.
5. Provide specialized consultation and support to referral sources and vocational rehabilitation services to people with disabilities in the assigned service delivery area
To qualify, you must have a Master's degree in Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling or a closely related field (e.g. Rehabilitation Teaching, Counseling, Psychology), including graduate-level coursework in counseling theory/techniques.
Excellent human relations skills are required to build cooperative working relationships with the VR client as well as with partners throughout the vocational rehabilitation process.
You must submit a copy of your transcripts. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX to 651-297-5343.