Social Media Marketing Intern (Nonprofit Organization)
If you are looking for a way to positively contribute to the community during this pandemic, or you find yourself with your current internships canceled or delayed, please consider this as an opportunity to gain some experience, enhance your skills and build your resume/portfolio while also giving back. This is a fully remote position due to the effects of COVID-19. The student must have a laptop and internet access.
The Prevention of Blindness Society of Metropolitan Washington is seeking a college-level applicant for an unpaid internship focused on social media marketing for a nonprofit organization (public health focus). We are looking for an organized, outgoing, and creative individual who can support current ideas and initiatives at the organization but also come up with unique ideas for sharing the organization's activities with the community.
- Strengthen the social media presence of the organization through the creation of content and messaging under the guidance of staff
- Coordinate and create posts routinely to various platforms according to the content created and approved through staff
- Manage consistency of messaging and postings across all platforms
- Manage a spreadsheet of content and postings to keep social media content organized and increase consistency and visibility of what is being posted and when
- Sorting and compiling existing images and videos to post to our social media accounts in a strategic way and under a regular posting schedule
- Research social media use by nonprofits and educational entities to identify best practices Monitor relevant news and information on the organization and other comparable organizations in the area
- Assist in the development and execution of overarching marketing and social media campaigns
Skills that will be helpful for this position:
- Excellent research, writing, and oral communication skills
- Experience working with non-profits and/or volunteer organizations
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Ability to interact professionally with potential partners in through various channels (in person, email, phone, virtual meetings, etc)
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Established presence/experience in the use of Facebook, as well as Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn etc.
- Experience with Google Suite (Docs, Sheets)
- Experience with the creation of videos and engaging digital content (graphic design or similar skills) Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/Spark, Canva, or other design program skills is a plus but not required
- Currently either enrolled in undergraduate or graduate coursework.
- Interest in public health and/or nonprofit organizations.
This is an unpaid educational internship and candidates would be expected to work approximately 10-20 hours per week. We will work with the student and school to provide what is needed for the student to earn academic credit for the 2021 Spring semester.
References would be available for the candidate following successful completion of the internship.