Human Resources Business Partner (Human Resources Generalist II)
This job announcement is being re-advertised. If you previously applied you do not need to reapply in order to be considered.
The mission of the Fairfax County Department of Family Services (DFS) is to strengthen the well-being of our diverse community by protecting and improving the lives of all children, adults, and families through assistance, partnership, advocacy, outreach and quality services. Do your guiding principles as an individual and HR professional align with the mission of DFS? If so, we’d like to learn more about you! The DFS team seeks to hire a human resources professional to consult with and provide tactical and strategic HR supports and services to DFS employees and managers, consisting of over 1070 team members. The ideal candidate will have professional HR business partner experience, to include the functional areas of recruitment and selection, position classification and workforce planning, performance management, employee relations, and administration of FMLA. This position, reporting to the DFS HR Manager, currently offers liberal opportunities for telework, with office space based at the Pennino Building in Fairfax.
(The illustrative duties listed in this specification are representative of the class but are not an all-inclusive list. A complete list of position duties and unique physical requirements can be found in the position description.)
- Provides managers with guidance on employment, employee relations and other HR issues;
- Makes recommendations and revisions to departmental HR policies & procedures;
- Gathers, tracks and analyzes HR metrics, reports, and plans;
- Manages on-boarding, exit interviews, and other HR-related departmental programs.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
(The knowledge, skills and abilities listed in this specification are representative of the class but are not an all-inclusive list.)
- Knowledge of human resources administration and management principles and practices;
- Ability to perform a variety of increasingly complex work in human resources;
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Ability to use word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software to prepare documents and store, manipulate, analyze and present information.
Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to the following:
(Click on the aforementioned link to learn how Fairfax County interprets equivalencies for "Any combination, experience, and training equivalent to")
Graduation from an accredited four year college or university with a bachelor's degree in human resource management, public administration, or a related field; plus two years of professional-level human resources experience.
- At least two years of professional HR experience in employee relations and performance management.
- At least two years of professional HR experience in position classification/workforce planning.
- Experience applying knowledge of state and federal employment laws to assess compliance issues.
- Experience coordinating HR compliance and reporting requirements pertaining to Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Experience interpreting and providing HR policy guidance to employees and managers.
- Experience using human resources-related systems (e.g., FOCUS-HCM, NeoGov, PEAQ, and JDMS).
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background and a Child Protective Services check to the satisfaction of the employer.
This position is considered essential personnel and will be required to report to work during times designated countywide as approved for unscheduled leave regardless of the emergency situation (i.e., weather, transportation, other disaster).
Job is generally sedentary in nature, however, visual acuity is required to read data on computer monitor, incumbent must be able to operate keyboard driven equipment and to use other automated technology. All duties performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Panel interview and may include a written practical exercise.
Fairfax County Government prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, political affiliation, or status as a veteran in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. EEO/AA/TTY.