Tech Services Intern
Job Description Summary
- With management direction, support projects to ensure compliance with environmental, health and safety (EHS) and mission critical (MC) programs. Example projects may include hazard assessments, life safety reviews, hazard communication and SDS inventory management, spill prevention and response, written policy documentation.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of safety plans and facility life safety and MC programs; develop EHS procedures, guidelines, and instruction guidelines as assigned.
- Perform necessary documentation management and review to ensure maintenance of EHS regulatory required information such as SDSs, Confined Space Permits, Hot Work Permits.
- Provide recommendations and enhancements to information storage and sharing processes in SharePoint.
- Undertake information gathering, research and analysis and maintenance of data to provide relevant recommendations on EHS and MC program enhancements.
- Aid the business in the execution of routine EHS and MC tasks.
- Respond to day-to-day requests, providing information and advice and ensuring that issues are properly addressed.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Required Skills
- Candidates should be pursuing a degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Science, Engineering or similar.
- Excellent communication, writing and computer skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Must have a highly professional presence and be a strong relationship builder and collaborative problem solver.
- Must be a self-starter, who is reliable and gets things done as efficiently as possible.
- Must have strong PC and Microsoft Office skills with the ability to use best industry technology to obtain latest market research, historical information, and trends. Experience in SharePoint preferred
Activities and Events
- C&W Americas Virtual Exposure Program
- Leadership Speaker Series (June through July): 2 speakers per week, Tuesdays & Thursdays at 2pm. Interns can view through WebEx. Calendar invites will be sent for each event to interns. Various C&W Leaders speak individually about their service line/role at C&W and career path to date as well as offering career advice and an opportunity for Q&A. Previous speakers have included: John Cushman, Steve Quick and many more! All North America interns are invited to participate.
- Webinars and Learning and Development Trainings
- C&W New Hire Orientation / Intern Orientation (first week in June)
- Intern Networking Event (July): Tri-state interns (NYC, NJ, LI and CT) are invited to participate in social events with their peers organized by recruiters
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.