The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease (NIAID)—one of the largest Institutes of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services— seeks highly motivated and qualified candidates for a training specialist position in Office of Workforce Effectiveness and Resources (OWER).
As a training specialist in OWER, you will be consulting with stakeholders and NIAID customers to develop, design, and/or curate a combination of learning strategies, activities, and resources. The training specialist manages a learning portfolio to improve performance and facilitate learning and uses a variety of existing and emerging technologies that enhance the impact of instruction and non-instruction interventions.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Superior visual, oral, and written communication skills, including the ability to storyboard
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills to identify root causes and nature of performance problems
- Ability to evaluate learning outcomes by analyzing data as well as by using a variety of data collection tools and evaluation procedures
- Ability to manage and facilitate collaborative relationships and stakeholder meetings
- Ability to plan and manage instructional design projects
- U.S. citizenship
- See vacancy announcements listed below for a full list of required qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in fields such as instructional design and technologies, adult education, industrial/organizational psychology, or related fields
- Master of Science/Education in fields such as instructional design and technologies, adult education, industrial/organizational psychology, or related fields
- Knowledge of learning theories, instructional design models, and instructional technologies
- Knowledge of course development software and at least one learning management system
Visit USAJobs.gov and access the detailed Training Specialist vacancy announcements NIH-NIAID-DE-21-11099732 (U.S. citizens) and/or NIH-NIAID-MP- 21-11097270 (status candidates) beginning July 19, 2021. Applications must be submitted online by 11:59 p.m. on July 23, 2021.
Visit NIAID Careers for more information about working in NIAID’s dynamic atmosphere!.
HHS, NIH, and NIAID are equal opportunity employers committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion.