Junior Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering Intern - MN
Long-term Co-Op or summer internship position in Minneapolis, MN. The role requires being onsite. The Co-Op requires working full time from May 2022 - December 2022. Applicants must be able to relocate for several months to work at the Riverside Generating facility, or already live within a commutable distance from the work site.
Work with the engineering staff to support the Fall 2022 combined cycle outages. Will perform entry level engineering analysis doing tasks supporting both project management and construction. Tasks include submittal coordination, drawing support, construction planning and oversight, safety observations, and vendor outreach and coordination. Through practical field experience and mentoring, successful candidate will gain significant professional and technical skills.
- Must be enrolled in an ABET accredited mechanical or electrical Engineering program with a structural emphasis
- Must be a Junior or above as of Spring 2022
- Graduating Seniors as of Spring 2022 (not continuing to Graduate School) are not eligible to participate
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to communicate effectively; both written and verbally
- Must be self- motivated, have good mechanical aptitude, and ability to work well with others
- Must have reliable personal transportation
- Must be able to commit to the internship from May - December 2022
- Able to travel to various generating facilities at least 50% of the time
- Coursework in thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, power systems, or controls.
- Interest in power generation
- Unofficial transcript submitted with application
- Preference for co-op applicant