Advanced Advocacy Academy (A3) Program Intern
Position Title: Advanced Advocacy Academy (A3) Program Intern
Position Type: Part-Time (20 hours or less)
Do you want to work for the most effective nonprofit in patient advocacy and join a truly dynamic team impacting the healthcare landscape? What about a chance to make a difference in the lives of over 100 million patients who live with liver disease globally? If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and a deep commitment to advancing creative and thoughtful solutions to improve the lives of those affected by liver disease, we want to hear from you.
The Global Liver Institute (GLI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization headquartered in Washington, D.C. Our mission is to improve the lives of individuals and families impacted by liver disease by promoting innovation, encouraging collaboration, and scaling optimal approaches to help eradicate liver diseases. We believe that by collaborating with patients, the medical community, other advocacy organizations, and our corporate partners, we will achieve our vision for liver health to take its proper place on the global public health agenda consistent with its prevalence and impact. In just seven years, GLI has grown from a social impact start-up to an international nonprofit with an expanding list of programs and initiatives serving patients and the liver health community.
We have a diverse team with over 20 full-time staff located across the US and in the United Kingdom and European Union, and our expansion plans include programs in two additional continents by Q4 2022.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Working directly with the Advanced Advocacy Academy (A3) Manager and Coordinator, the intern will:
- contribute to the ongoing program activities of the A3 department including the annual A3 event and quarterly webinars.
- Review news and scientific literature to identify information, stories, and articles relevant to advocacy
- Translate complex medical information into lay language for GLI audiences
- Create modules for the A3 program
- Develop social media messages to promote GLI patient education resources
- Write in skilled business writing in research and correspondence
- Work remotely and independently, maintaining responsibility for deadlines and projects
- Fluency in Microsoft and Google Applications
- Passion for nonprofits and health advocacy
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with individuals from cultural and diverse backgrounds
- Excellent team player with the ability to work independently and in collaboration with colleagues at all levels across the team and with external stakeholders
- Superior organization and leadership abilities
How to Apply:
Please send your Resume/ CV and Cover Letter to Hiring@globalliver.org with Advanced Advocacy Academy (A3) Program Intern in the subject line of your email. Due to the high number of applications we receive for positions posted, we are only able to respond directly to candidates with whom we wish to move forward in the interview process. The Global Liver Institute is committed to fostering diverse perspectives and actively pursuing equity in all aspects of our work. The Global Liver Institute is an equal opportunity employer.