The National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Disease (NCEZID), Division of Foodborne, Waterborne, and Environmental Diseases (DFWED), Outbreak Response and Prevention Branch is announcing an opportunity for a Behavioral Scientist.
https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/627234400 (DE-Open to Public)
https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/627226100 (MP Government Wide.)
The Outbreak Response and Prevention Branch is CDC's lead group for responding to multistate outbreaks of gastrointestinal illness linked to food and animal contact.
The mission of CDC’s Outbreak Response and Prevention Branch (ORPB) is to:
- Efficiently triage, investigate, and solve multistate foodborne and zoonotic outbreaks
- Take timely action to prevent illnesses through effective risk communication and outreach
- Leverage outbreak data to drive overall prevention of foodborne and zoonotic disease
The Behavioral Scientist would:
- Apply behavioral and social science theories, methods, and techniques.
- Assess risk and protective factors for health outcomes in the social and physical environment.
- Design and conduct studies and research using behavioral science techniques.
- Translate and disseminate behavioral science research.