Internship Opportunity with the U.S. SEC
The Pathways Internship Program targets students accepted for enrollment or enrolled and seeking a degree or certificate at an accredited educational institution. The program provides students with paid internship opportunities to explore Federal careers while in school. Students receive training to help them advance in their internship as well as work experience that augments their education. Students who successfully complete the program may obtain permanent employment with the Federal Government.
Students placed in internships via this announcement will work with SEC staff members on various projects and assignments that cover a broad range of the Commissions' work. The work assigned will depend upon a student's placement within a Division or Office. Internship assignments range from supporting securities regulations to assisting in professional administrative duties such as human resources, contracting, auditing, etc.
Typical duties include the following:
- Assist in conducting analysis and research in support of assigned program areas.
- Respond to routine questions within the assigned program areas.
- Assist in the maintenance of automated databases.
Hourly minimum and maximum rates vary based on location. Hourly rates are as follows:
- SK-05: $18.95 to $35.61 ($39,549 to $74,319 Per Year)
- SK-07: $23.47 to $44.76 ($48,989 to $93,409 Per Year)
These internships are targeted towards students enrolled in a graduate-level degree/certificate program (e.g., MBA, MPA, PhD, etc.) during the Fall 2022 semester.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be a current student or accepted for enrollment during the Fall 2022 semester.
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA.
The SEC offers enhanced pay and benefits plus the standard Federal benefits to include:
*Some benefits may only be available if/when converted to a permanent appointment.
Apply today at https://www.usajobs.gov/job/650613800!
Email questions pertaining to this announcement to askHR@sec.gov. Be sure to include '22-PW-11465095-TB' in the subject line of the email for a quicker response time.