Event Content & Marketing Intern
GovExec Events seeks a highly motivated, entrepreneurial, and service-minded Content & Marketing Intern to join our team for a paid internship (15 hours/week for 8 weeks). During this internship, you will support operations across the events team including content programming and audience marketing.
The GovExec Events team hosts 200+ hybrid, digital and in-person events each year, including custom client-branded experiences and editorial programs for Government Executive, Nextgov, Defense One, FCW, Route Fifty, GCN, Defense Systems, and Washington Technology.
- Research speakers and audience members for events
- Identify and book government speakers for events
- Support pre-event moderator and speaker prep by researching, scheduling, and script production
- Generate post-event reporting and client-facing impact documents
- Create client-facing agendas and event timelines
- Manage event information on content management systems including, formatting registration lists and providing event details
- Write email marketing & social media copy for various events
- Update event websites and help with audience questions and communication
- Assist with other event team projects depending on their individual interests
- Interest in government, technology, media, events, or marketing
- Ability to manage fast changing program elements and prioritize effectively in response
- Strong organizational skills
GovExec’s data and insights set the standard for depth, accuracy, and impact for government leaders and contractors. As the market-leading information and intent-based marketing platform, for over fifty years GovExec has empowered the government ecosystem to engage and support government leaders as they work to achieve their missions across federal, defense, and state and local agencies. Our strategic sales enablement and intent-based marketing solutions accelerate revenue growth to fuel market success. The platform is powered by the largest and most sophisticated database in the public sector, GovExec’s platform reaches 3.3 million government influencers each month and provides its marketing clients with a significant competitive advantage in driving higher conversion and growth.
Working at GovExec
At GovExec, we believe that a new era of work -- particularly when, where, and how it gets done -- has arrived. We are building a hybrid workplace that allows for greater freedom and flexibility while also fostering a collaborative culture, no matter where you are working. GovExec offers permanent remote work in 20+ states across the US, as well as the option to work out of one of our offices based in Washington DC, New York or San Diego. GovExec also offers a range of great benefits including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Open time off policy
- Twelve weeks paid parental leave
- Supportive, collaborative teams
- Unique opportunity to help government officials from a private sector company
- Expansive learning and development opportunities
GovExec recruits talent for four salient attributes or qualities:
- Soul of Entrepreneurship
- Culture of Inclusion
- Force of Ideas
- Spirit of Generosity
Government Executive Media Group, Inc. and its affiliates ("GovExec") are Equal Opportunity Employers. We do not discriminate against our applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by applicable law.