Sponsor Marketing Intern
GovExec is seeking a Marketing Intern to join our team. The Sponsor Marketing team is leading the charge on GovExec’s brand narrative across government markets, creating relevant marketing materials/proposals, and overseeing key market moments. In this role, you will be a critical player in achieving GovExec’s marketing and sales strategy by overseeing key initiatives including creating collateral, data management, and driving sales enablement. As the marketing associate, you will report directly to the Sr. Marketing Manager & VP of Sponsor and Brand Marketing.
This is a part time (15 hours per week), paid internship that will run for eight weeks from the beginning of October through early December 2022. It is a remote opportunity and GovExec will provide a laptop for the duration of the internship.
- Assist in the creation of written marketing materials and other digital sales tools to support GovExec brand positioning and sales efforts across all GovExec brands
- Research, write, and organize information into concise marketing collateral and compelling proposals
- Manage GovExec promotional merchandise for new hires, sending relevant information, store details, and serving as point of contact for questions
- Ensure data integrity and compliance for GovExec’s cloud-based sales platform by performing data cleansing and correcting any data quality issues
- Strong data analysis skills and comfortable working with data sets
- A passion for words with strong writing skills & creativity
- Detail oriented and a high degree of organization skills
- Interest in the government marketing space. Knowledge of government is a plus
- Strong skills in Google Suite - Google Slides, Google Docs, Google Sheets
- Familiarity with Salesforce is a plus
GovExec’s data and insights set the standard for depth, accuracy, and impact for government leaders and contractors. As the market-leading information and intent-based marketing platform, for over fifty years GovExec has empowered the government ecosystem to engage and support government leaders as they work to achieve their missions across federal, defense, and state and local agencies. Our strategic sales enablement and intent-based marketing solutions accelerate revenue growth to fuel market success. The platform is powered by the largest and most sophisticated database in the public sector, GovExec’s platform reaches 3.3 million government influencers each month and provides its marketing clients with a significant competitive advantage in driving higher conversion and growth.
Working at GovExec
At GovExec, we believe that a new era of work -- particularly when, where, and how it gets done -- has arrived. We are building a hybrid workplace that allows for greater freedom and flexibility while also fostering a collaborative culture, no matter where you are working. GovExec offers permanent remote work in 20+ states across the US, as well as the option to work out of one of our offices based in Washington DC, New York or San Diego.
GovExec recruits talent for four salient attributes or qualities:
- Soul of Entrepreneurship
- Culture of Inclusion
- Force of Ideas
- Spirit of Generosity
Government Executive Media Group, Inc. and its affiliates ("GovExec") are Equal Opportunity Employers. We do not discriminate against our applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by applicable law.