Summer 2023 Mars Petcare Masters Research & Data Analytics Internship
The Mars Internship Experience Program combines diverse experiences and continuous learning for students with an investment in you that's personalized to you. Your team will guide you through our learn-on-the-job environment as you develop the ability to apply new skills to future challenges. Humble-and-hungry students will quickly find that our unique culture grows the person, as well as the professional, and opens up opportunities to explore many distinct careers as a leader across functions, segments, and geographies within our purpose-led global organization.
If you've set your sights on development, the Mars Internship Experience is a great place to start. The Mars Internship Experience is an 11-week summer program providing an excellent depth of experience with various real-world Mars projects. You will also have exciting professional and social engagement activities throughout the experience that provide opportunities to network with your Intern peers all the way up to senior leaders. The challenges are real and impactful; and will stretch you like never before. It's a high-powered story, right from the start!
Launching your career with Mars Global provides a unique opportunity hone your skills amongst industry leading data scientists, executives, entrepreneurs. Our nimble and flexible approach to work allows you to make an immediate impact across the business, while learning new skills at every stage. We believe in action. We break down barriers and unlock insights. The diversity of our work means an ever-evolving career filled with new and interesting experiences. Join us in our mission to create a better world, alongside the industry’s brightest minds. As an intern you’ll be exposed to a global team who are eager to continue evolving our technology ecosystem. Interested? Let’s take big strides, together.
What are we looking for?
- We are looking for humble and hungry, agile students who have a drive for results, a desire to learn, and who can quickly build relationships.
- We are looking for students who are passionate about corporate sustainability, climate action, and advancing social and environmental sustainability
- Strong written communication skills
- Eligible candidates will intern the summer prior to their final graduation date
- Open to students legally authorized to work in the U.S., without the need for current or future work status authorization or visa sponsorship for employment
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug & background screening
- Programming experience in Python or R.
- Skills in data analysis, statistical analysis data wrangling, databases, data visualization, natural language processing, deep learning, Spark, DevOps technologies.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Intellectually curious and driven by a desire to explore and find insights in new datasets.
- Energized by problem solving.
- Eager explore and find insights in new and complex datasets.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Responsible for one end-to-end project where you will use a variety of data science skills to deliver actionable insights and build tools that influence Mars Petcare.
- Partner directly with stakeholders and your mentor to define and evolve the problem.
- Present your findings and recommendation to the relevant stakeholders
- Data and Analytics team to guide decision making. ·
- Perform data cleaning, EDA and research, code review, statistical analysis, statistical model building.
- Participate in team meetings, the summer speaker series, feedback sessions, and brainstorms
- Collaborate with the data science and stakeholder teams to drive a consumer-centric approach
- Be curious, explore, learn, achieve, and have fun while doing it.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 like-minded and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.