Treasury Intern Summer 2023
Our Company Promise
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
Treasury Intern Summer 2023 Internship
Please print/save the job description because it won’t be available after you apply
Southwest Airlines promises to provide Employees with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. We entrust our Interns to make an impact on their Team in real-time projects, work toward Company initiatives, and achieve our Purpose of connecting People to what is important in their lives through friendly, reliable, and low-cost air travel, all while having fun and developing yourself as a future professional.
Get Ready for an Awesome Summer:
- Join Southwest as a Summer 2023 Intern, with a 12-week internship lasting from May 23rd to August 11th.
- Workplace flexibility depends on the Team – we expect the Intern’s schedule of onsite/remote work to mirror that of their Team. The majority of roles will allow for occasional remote work.
- Dedicate 40 hours each week to your internship responsibilities and tasks.
- Receive hourly pay and a one-time $1,000 stipend on your first paycheck.
- Receive free, unlimited space available travel privileges for yourself (taxes and fees may apply on international travel)
Teams falling under the Treasury umbrella are Cash Management, Corporate Finance, Fleet Transactions, Corporate Insurance, Aircraft Warranty, Fleet Asset Management and Fuel Hedging. The teams interact extensively.
Duties & Responsibilities:
May include but not limited to-
The focus of this role will be to assist with a variety of projects that would touch on as many of the areas as practical to provide an introductory outlook into the workings of a Treasury department. Such duties could include, but not limited to: audit of wire transfers and investment confirmations, asset valuation, support for insurance related projects, document review/organization which will provide an understanding of debt facilities and aircraft leases, and working on capital market projects as needed.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent education required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must have a valid U.S. Social Security Number to complete the full hiring process.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- This position requires authorization to work in the United States as a permanent employee without sponsorship now or in the future.
- Progress towards an undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or related field.
- Minimum Sophomore status. May not have an undergraduate graduation date of May 2023 or prior, unless already enrolled in a full-time graduate degree program at time of application.
- To be eligible you must be currently enrolled as a full-time student as defined by your university at the time of application.
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA at the time of application.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be have an intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of CI/CD philosophies preferred.
- Experience using Tableau in a professional or academic environment preferred.
- Experience using Alteryx, Google Analytics, SQL or other similar methods of analyzing data preferred.
- Previous internship or work experience preferred.
- Great attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and the willingness to function as part of a Team.
- Excellent time management skills required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
Time Commitment and Pay:
- Required: Full time 40hrs a week
- Must maintain a consistent weekly schedule during normal business hours at a max of 8hrs per day
- You must reside in Dallas, TX during the internship and work a hybrid schedule of at least 50% in office and be onsite for applicable intern events.
- Program Dates: May 23rd – August 11th
- $22 per hour + $1,000 stipend paid one time on first paycheck
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please print/save this job description because it won't be available after you apply.