Summer Intern, Central Operations
One Medical is a primary care platform challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to radically transform healthcare, which means tackling the frustrations of everyone involved — from patients and providers to employers and health networks.
Across the country, our members enjoy seamless access to comprehensive care at more than 180 locations across 28 cities (and counting!) as well as 24/7 access to virtual care powered by intelligent uses of technology. In addition to a direct-to-consumer membership model, we work with more than 7,000 companies to provide One Medical health benefits to their employees.
On January 31, 2020 we marked a milestone with our public listing on Nasdaq, but our work is far from over. As we continue to grow and broaden our impact, we’re building a diverse, driven and empathetic team, while working hard to cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive.
The Opportunity As we continue to expand and enhance our ability to provide human-centered, tech-enabled primary care across the country, we are excited to hire an intern to join our Operations Leadership Team for Summer 2023. Reporting to the Vice President of Service Delivery, you will be at the forefront of helping to deliver One Medical’s care and service to every patient, every time. You will support efforts to manage demand, inventory, patient experience, growth, and navigate change. With the support of your manager, a senior operations leader, you will not only learn about executing a complex and rapidly scaling operating model, but also gain first hand exposure to leading very large and diverse teams.
The Service Delivery team delivers care across over 200 clinics in nearly 30 markets, and counting. We deliver primary care, lab services, and serve our member’s administrative needs. We operationalize new office launches, manage our inventory, support specialty services including imaging and Covid programs, and forecast demand and manage labor supply. We are human-centered leaders, working in lockstep with our clinical counterparts, who put our patients and teams directly caring for our patients at the top of our priorities. We empower everyone on our teams to be problem solvers and stay connected to patient care.
Patient experience is your primary motivator. You have an interest in leading teams, and are particularly excited about cultivating a servant leadership approach and supporting teams through growth and change. You love diving into complex problems and balancing the needs of different stakeholders. You want to learn, are excited to try new things, and value feedback and collaboration. You’re reading for an exciting and challenging opportunity to be at the forefront of transforming healthcare!
- What you'll likely work on:Synthesize and organize data for KPI performance across geographies
- Review and analyze performance trends in partnership with senior leaders
- Support target geographies with strategic planning through design, implementation, and execution phases
- Scale new services, systems, and processes across the nation
- Work closely with patient visit access projects, track results, and size impact of interventions
- Support leadership development initiatives and gain first hand experience with high performing people leaders
- What you’ll need:Currently enrolled and actively taking courses for a Master’s Degree
- Interest in healthcare operations and people leadership
- Interest in lean management principles
- Strong written and verbal communication, and ability to think on your feet
- Comfort with regular public speaking to diverse audiences and working with dynamic stakeholders
- Growth mindset and desire to try new things and learn from others
- Demonstrated ability to pick up new technology platforms and tools quickly
This is a 40-hour per week virtual internship working PST hours for ten consecutive week staring on 6/5/23 and concluding on 8/11/23. Our 2023 internship program is currently set up as a virtual internship in which interns can be located in any state that we operate in, however your core hours will align with the standard business hours for the team you are working with during your internship.
One Medical is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The hourly pay rate for this role is $30.00/hour.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.
Subject to applicable law, proof of COVID 19 vaccination is required for employees and contractors who interact with patients, access a shared office space or engage with other team members, except where a medical or religious accommodation applies.