Bioinformatics - Intern
Building on previously-published work, create multi-genic risk scores based on somatic mutations, to calculate risk scores by taking into account many variants, each with individually small effect sizes, that collectively explain substantial variation in complex traits and diseases.
Include, but are not limited to, the following:
Gather and process and standardize publicly available datasets.
Data analysis performed according to best practices of quality and reproducibility.
Apply AI/deep learning techniques to high-throughput data.
Comprehensively document all work to a high standard.
Advanced communication skills to convey complex concepts to R&D/BFX audience.
Willingness to work in a collaborative team environment, to work with total transparency.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to act with an inclusion mindset and model these behaviors for the organization.
- Enrollment towards Master’s/Ph.D. degree in related field of Bioinformatics/Computation Biology/Life Sciences.
- Basic computer skills to include Internet navigation, Email usage, and word processing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office to include Excel macros and pivot tables and Word mail merge.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
$36,000.00 - $58,000.00
The annual base salary shown is for this position located in US - CA - San Diego on a full-time basis.
If you require a reasonable accommodation with the application process, please email email@example.com.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
To view the Right to Work, E-Verify Employer, and Pay Transparency notices and Federal, Federal Contractor, and State employment law posters, refer to this link. These documents summarize important details of the law and provide key points that you have a right to know.