Natural Resources Intern - Wildlife, NEPA, Fisheries, Silviculture
*** Applicants must apply on USAJobs.gov***
The Malheur National forest has several intern positions open in Wildlife, NEPA, Fisheries and Silviculture. Great opportunity to work through college and then have a permanent job upon graduation.
The Internship Program is designed to provide students enrolled in a wide variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with opportunities to work in agencies and explore Federal careers while still in school and while getting paid for the work performed. This Student Trainee position will be filled as an Intern appointment. The appointment is indefinite and is expected to last for the duration of the student's academic attendance.
Natural Resources: GS-0499-03/04/05 Biological Science Student Trainee (Full potential of GS-09)
Forestry: GS-0499-03/04/05/07 Biological Science Student Trainee (Full potential of GS-09)
• The duties listed are at the highest grade level advertised (GS-07):
• Receives advanced training in the principles, concepts, work processes, and regulations of one or more Natural Resources Management disciplines.
• Work assignment is increasingly more demanding and are designed to provide experience in a variety of activities.
• On a scheduled basis, following the Pathways Participant Agreement, receives assignments in various Natural Resources Management and Biological Sciences functions to gain an understanding of the various program concepts and operations.
• Develop an understanding of the total mission as well as organizational/functional interrelationships and develop a foundation for more specialized application of knowledge gained from on-the-job training assignments.
• Receives formal and on-the-job training in OPM, Department of Agriculture and Forest Service policies, rules, regulations, and procedures.
• Is instructed on the use of personal computers, and file and data management.
For qualifications, other information and to apply, please see the announcement on USAJobs.gov https://www.usajobs.gov/job/756598800 (Natural Resources) and https://www.usajobs.gov/job/756592800 (Forestry)
Shared Government Housing may be available