Environmental Engineer/Physical Scientist/Life Scientist - OECA
This position is in Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance, Office of Criminal Enforcement, Forensics and Training, National Enforcement Investigations Center, Field Branch, Civil Services Section. About OECA: OECA'S Website
This is an office-centered position*--you must physically report to the duty station stated in this announcement on a regular basis.
*Work-from-home flexibilities may be authorized as described in the Benefits section.
At the entry level of this position, you will:
- Conduct inspections and investigations of regulated facilities for compliance with applicable regulations, permits, or other federal requirements.
- Provide technical advice and information on significant analytical methods, sampling techniques, etc., related to specific program areas, functions, or activities.
- Serve as a technical resource in the development, negotiation and litigation of both civil and criminal enforcement matters.
- Plan, conduct and/or provide regulatory technical assistance to complex field sampling and analytical services, facility inspections and audits.
- Provide assistance to regional personnel, other federal, state, local agencies, tribes, industry representatives, and concerned public citizens on the technical aspects of EPA laws and regulations.
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses.